There are a few reasons why a payment does not go through.
Often, the issuing bank rejects the credit card's charge if the name, expiration date or postal code entered in the payment process does not match the information held by the bank.
Here is a list of other reasons why your credit card might have been denied:
- The card issuer is having technical problems that prevent authorization of a transaction.
- The card issuer sees a charge that does not fit your normal spending patterns and blocks the transaction to protect you.
- You have inadvertently exceeded the limit on your card.
If you know that your credit card is valid but your payment does not go through, you might want to:
- Contact your credit card issuer directly and ask them why your card was declined, and whether you can still use it.
- Link a different credit card to your uQR.me account. Click here to learn how.