Mask uQR.me's default short URL
If you have subscribed to the PROFESSIONAL or ENTERPRISE plan, you can mask the QR code's short URL with your domain.
First, you need to setup your domain. Follow these steps in order to do so:
- Go to your DNS provider (GoDaddy, Namecheap, etc.),
- go to the DNS Management page, and add a new record of type "CNAME",
- in the "Host", "Name" or "Subdomain" field, enter your subdomain. For example, if you want to create the subdomain "qrs.YOUR-DOMAIN.com", your CNAME host is "qrs",
- in the "Target", "Points to" or "Value" field, enter "whitelabel.qrbridge.me", and
- leave the TTL field as is.
More examples of domain names are "qrs.YOUR-DOMAIN.com", "qrcodes.YOUR-DOMAIN.com", "mobile.YOUR-DOMAIN.com", or whichever you prefer.
NOTE: Root domains (YOUR-DOMAIN.com) and "www" prefixes are not allowed.
After that, log in to your uQR.me account and follow these steps in order to assign your domain to a project (set up white-label URL masking):
- Click Create project,
- name the project,
- click whitelabel settings,
- insert your domain name, and
- click Save project.
NOTE: A domain can be assigned to one or more projects.
DNS propagation can take up to 24 hours. However, if the DNS entries were set up correctly, they should be available within an hour.
If you are not sure how to set up your CNAME, please consult your domain name registrar or web hosting provider. It is impossible for us to provide further instructions due to the fact that the setup varies greatly from provider to provider.
Here is a list of the most common domain name registrars and web hosting providers, and their respective instructions on how to configure DNS:
NOTE: Any changes you make to the DNS entries can immediately affect your client's ability to access your resources. We cannot take any responsibility for said changes so please be very careful. If you have any questions, contact our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All information in this document complies with the DNS standards, but some domain name registrars and web hosting providers handle things differently.