If you have subscribed to the PROFESSIONAL or ENTERPRISE plan, you can assign your domain to a project.
First, you need to setup your domain. Follow these steps in order to do so:
- Create a CNAME record within your DNS provider's administration panel, and
- configure it to point to "whitelabel.qrbridge.me". Example:
qrs.YOUR-DOMAIN.com CNAME whitelabel.qrbridge.me
More examples of domain names are "qrs.YOUR-DOMAIN.com", "qrcodes.YOUR-DOMAIN.com", "mobile.YOUR-DOMAIN.com", or whichever you prefer.
NOTE: Root domains (YOUR-DOMAIN.com) and "www" prefixes are not allowed.
After that, log in to your uQR.me account and follow these steps in order to assign your domain to a project (setup white label URL masking):
- Click Create project,
- name the project,
- click whitelabel settings,
- insert your domain name, and
- click Save project.
NOTE: A domain can be assigned to one or more projects.
DNS propagation can take up to 24 hours. However, if the DNS entries were set up correctly, they should be available within an hour.
If you are not sure how to setup your CNAME, please consult your domain name registrar or web hosting provider. It is impossible for us to provide further instructions due to the fact that the setup varies greatly from provider to provider.
Here is a list of the most common domain name registrars and web hosting providers, and their respective instructions on how to configure DNS:
- Instructions on how to configure DNS on Godaddy
- Instructions on how to configure DNS using CPanel on Godaddy
- Instructions on how to configure DNS using Plesk Panel 9 on Godaddy
- Instructions on how to configure DNS using Plesk Panel 10 on Godaddy
NOTE: Any changes you make to the DNS entries can immediately affect your client's ability to access your resources. We cannot take any responsibility for said changes so please be very careful. If you have any questions, contact our support team (email@example.com).
All information in this document complies with the DNS standards, but some domain name registrars and web hosting providers handle things differently.